White


Sette Design 



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   





I was rushing to school on bikes with my younger daughter this morning, over pavement and cobblestones, through traffic and yelling teenagers, commotion in abundance.  Then I looked up and through a narrow space of tall buildings I caught a shocking sight of snow on the mountains!  It looked like a dusting of powdered sugar, over dark blue land.  Our first snowfall of the season, my heart pounded.  "It snowed!" 

Later riding over the same streets in return from the school drop off I thought, it is time to get the courage up to start your blog.  So here I am a California girl living in a Gothic palazzo in Umbria with my two daughters and painting furniture and interiors.  I am obsessed with color, yet I want to begin this journal with the inspiration of snow and the color white.  White is a beginning, a necessary start.  It is pure and fresh and neutral.  As a background it makes all colors true, put inside of color it pops.  White is forever moving and changing, taking the reflection of other colors, absorbing the light of the day.




Some find white peaceful, others feel too much of it might drive them crazy.  What do you feel about white and white rooms?  Does it feel like a beginning? Or perfection attained.

Now lastly, I will leave you with some white doors, opening to who knows where…  Yet certainly these doors are opening to something splendid.




I hope you will follow along because we are going to have fun!









No comments:

Post a Comment