Some good Italian colors






I am now going to jump right into some fun color combinations, just to spice it up and show how I love color.

Think about these colors for interiors or for furniture since we don’t all live in Italy where it is acceptable to go crazy with color (at least on exteriors).  Right now in design the colors for interiors are tranquil, grays, whites, whipped cream, and taupe.



Here is one of my favorite buildings.  When I first moved here almost 10 year ago they had just painted this building these colors.  I was happy to walk past this palazzo, it would make my heart sing.  I think it still looks good all these years later.  I am not a person that loves yellow, but shown here as columns and with the grey window frames I think it works well.



Any shade of blue is always gorgeous.  Don’t you agree?




Taupe and celadon just looks so hip to me.





This color I don’t even know what to call it.  It is a rich sand color, sand as seen with tinted sunglasses.  I won’t call it yellow,  just to be stubborn.  The grey shutters and off white window frames look fantastic as accents.

What colors inspire you? I sometimes feel like I have been gravitating toward greens and blues for 20 years.  Recently I am enthralled with fuchsia or rich pink. It looks so good with dark taupe or chocolate brown.

 Natalie

1 comment:

  1. Different colors certainly elicit different responses in me! At this moment, I'm thinking that Raspberry inspires me -- my kitchen wall was painted a shade of raspberry several years ago and ever since I've been a baking up a storm. Sky blue with a hint of gray soothes me -- though I tend to feel complacent if I experience too much of it. Black is my solid color. I always feel confident wearing black.

    ReplyDelete